Sunday, July 24, 2011

Finding Joy in the little things

This past week I have had happiness on my mind. Are we happy? Sometimes with all of the hustle and bustle, stressful sales career, repeated moving, 4 year old craziness, 2 year old insanity, and the roller coaster of emotions associated with all of these- I really wonder.

We've still been trying to adjust since we moved away from Texas. It's felt a little lonely at times. I don't know why since we didn't really know any more people there than we do here. I guess in Texas we had our routine down, and time went by really fast. We never really had down time where we thought about how much we miss summer activities or Sunday dinners with our families. It seems we are having a tough time finding that same routine here. Without a strong foundation here, and the feeling if responsibility that comes with a regular routine, it's far too easy to look back and wonder if we made the right decision. My key to sanity: Never look back.

Jake had a strong feeling that Lancaster, CA was the right place to be, even though we haven't quite figured out why yet. So- despite the drop in his sales, and the bills that we are now piling up with the costs of moving, we are trying to believe in that feeling, and find happiness. I am personally working on keeping an "attitude of gratitude". I am always uplifted when I am continually finding all of the blessings that I have in my life, and recognizing The simple things that bring me joy.

Since I express myself in best using pictures- Here are pictures of our family from the past week that brought me Joy.
Seems to me as if I have a lot to be happy about. I sure love these boys of mine! Although I am really feeling emotional and sentimental lately about our family back in Boise, Jake and I have never been closer.
Life is a Joy, and I am thankful for mine.

Dear Claus Family,
Don't look back
.

4 comments:

Duncan D. Horne - the Kuantan blogger said...

It sure can be difficult moving home. When my wife and I got married I moved from England to Malaysia, well away from all of my family. That was tough at first but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now!

Hang in there and I'm sure things will work out well for you!

Gotta love that 2am peanut butter sandwich!

Send my regards to Elder Claus

Duncan In Kuantan

Unknown said...

Your post makes me feel for you. :) Does the post office really take flip flops?

Anonymous said...

"Don't Look Back" is a great Family Motto... Now you can look forward to coming home to Boise. When I see those pictures, I am excited to be able to see those faces again in person!! Can't Wait!! Love, Mama, Oma Claus :0}

Jake C said...

Thanks Elder Horne! It's good to "see you"!
Erin, Yes the post office mails flip flops :) and i guess they mail other things also.
Mom, Glad to see you guys again soon too!!