Saturday, March 10, 2012

Update!!!

Okay....I have been the laziest blogger for the past few months. Halloween last year was my last post, and a lot has happened in the 4 months since then! I'm not going to try to cover every last thing, because I just couldn't do all of the events justice. There were a couple big events for our little family that I'll touch on. :)

First, We found out on Halloween that we are pregnant!! We are due on July 10th, which is within the same week that Jack and Jess were due. I guess we can only make babies one week a year!! I was REALLY sick for the first 3 months, and felt like I just lived on the couch. The boys must've been extremely bored- but they were real troopers and made it through most days with a good attitude. When I say boys, I mean Jake too! Jake has been really excited this pregnancy. He was the one that initially came to me with the thought of having a 3rd baby, and it took me a few months to get on board, but now I couldn't be happier with our decision! On Valentine's Day this year we found out it is a girl!!! We were so shocked. I was convinced that I was going to have a 3rd boy- but I couldn't be happier that Jake will have a Daddy's girl, and I will get to have a little princess. We can't wait to meet Miss June Lois Claus! (Lois will be for my Grandmother Lois Bassett who passed away on New Years Day this year.)

Second, Jake finally got his motorcycle! In January he found a 1978 Kawasaki KZ400 on Craigslist that he absolutely couldn't live without. We had decided that in order to make his job more enjoyable day to day, it would be nice for him to be able to ride a motorcycle in the warm dry months of the summer. He made some improvements and adjustments to it as soon as he got it because it screamed 1978, and he wanted more of a vintage "cafe racer" style bike. So he changed the handle bars and took off the luggage rack, and now it's his dream bike. I'm happy he found just what he wanted, and I'm getting more and more used to the motorcycle hobby of his every day.

Third, We moved.....AGAIN!!! We decided after being in Boise for 6 months that we wanted to go back to selling pest control for another summer. Jake is really good at it, and we actually enjoy the lifestyle and schedule that comes with the job. We had several offers that could've taken us to California, Texas, or Oklahoma- but eventually we decided that staying close to home would be the right option for this year because our little girl is due in the middle of the selling season. So Jake chose to work with Gemtek for a 4th year, and we moved to Twin Falls so that he could manage that entire area. Some people HATE moving, but I've actually come to appreciate it. We go through our stuff every time we have to move, which means we don't end up accumulating a bunch of unnecessary belongings. Unpacking and Packing has become relatively easy because we know exactly where everything is. I also always sell my couches when we move, which means I get to buy new couches at least once a year- which is fun for me. The boys enjoy change too, and look forward to getting to know new places. We moved to Twin 2 weeks ago today, and we are all loving it. We will be coming back to Boise at least a couple times a month for Doctors appointments for baby, but Boise is so close- so it's no big deal.

As far as my two little boys go, they are just growing so fast!! Jack is 4 and reading at a first grade level, doing preschool online, and trying to be the little boss man in our home. He is a big helper, and a great big brother. He has a very responsible personality and does everything for a reason. He is less imaginative and more realistic. He takes everything literally! When the sun goes down he informs me that it's almost bed time. When I offer him a treat of whatever candy is in my pocket he usually says he'd rather wait until we get home and choose something healthy. At about 5:00pm every afternoon he announces that it's time to clean up our house for the evening. He also insists on flossing his teeth regularly. Jake and I really don't know where his quirks came from, but we love them!

Jess is 2, and is our little sensitive, sweet cuddly guy. He would sleep with us every night if he could get away with it! He is very technologically sharp, and can navigate the wii, or the internet, or pretty much any smart phone within the first minute of touching it. He can also read a little bit- but we haven't really started any formal lessons. He loves to use his face to express himself, and seems to come up with different facial expressions every day. Jess has a big imagination, and LOVES daddy's stories. He is also very into STAR WARS right now, and is always pretending to be one of the characters. He has seen all 6 movies several times, and usually chooses to be Darth Vader. He refers to himself as "Darth Vader Claus Man". He definitely keeps us entertained, and life would be a lot more boring without him!

So that's the update on our life for now!

3 comments:

Keesha n David Brown said...

It was so great to see you guys a couple of weeks ago!

Juli said...

Finally! It's about time you told the blog world you are pregnant!! Love you guys!

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

All your posts are so much fun to read! I am one to love moving...so really I am jealous!