
Jake and I were so excited to find out that we are having another baby! I am almost through my first trimester, and I'm ready for all of the "morning" sickness to go away! Both of my boys have been real troopers about taking care of me, and themselves for the past 2 months while I have been too nauseated to do just about anything. Jake has bought me numerous pizzas whenever I feel like I can eat something, and Jack has been kind enough to let me nap with him in the afternoons. At only 18 months, Jack doesn't quite understand that Mommy is going to have a baby, but right now "baby" is his favorite word, and he has discovered that he likes baby dolls (despite Jake's attempts to replace them with more boyish toys). This pregnancy already seems very different from my first, and we can't wait to see what little personality is going to join our family. This baby shares the exact same due date as Jack, and even though the pregnancy wasn't planned....it looks like our two children will be a perfect two years apart.
What made things even more exciting was that when we told me parents at Thanksgiving dinner, my little sister Juli and her husband Andrew also made the same announcement! Juli and I are both due the second week in July, and we couldn't be more excited to be having babies at the same time. My parents were shocked that within 6 months they are going to have triple the amount of grandchildren, and they just asked that Juli and I try not to have them on the same day! :) We will both get the big PINK or BLUE news in February, and all of us are just hoping for healthy babies, whether boy or girl.
3 comments:
congrats!
Congrats! Being pregnant with the second one is very different but fun. We find out in February also...I'm going to guess that you're having a girl. So are you guys still living with Erin & Lex? Congrats again!
Jana, we are so happy for you! We too, are due the second week of July! We are "those kind of people" who don't find out what we are having! Ha! Pretty crazy, huh! Well, I hope all goes well with #2 for you guys! Your family pictures are gorgeous! Tell your mom she looks amazing!!
Post a Comment