The last picture of my pregnancy. This was just 3 days before birth!

On July 7th at 12:00pm Jake and I dropped off Jack at my mom's hous

e

and headed for our 38.5 week appt. It was just like any other appointment....the weight, the blood pressure, etc. Except this time Dr. Davis said, "Well, you're 38 weeks. Do you want to see if there's an OR open for today

?" Of course Jake and I were overjoyed at the possibility that it could really be that day when Jess would be here, and five minutes later our nurse Jen came in and said, "Yep. We got it. 6:00 tonight. Don't eat anything!"
We met my whole family and Jake's mom at Papa Joes for lunch and surprised them with the news that Jess would be here in only 5 hours. This was very exciting for everyone since we had just been through the delivery process with Juli just 5 days earlier when little Bethani was born. After that we went h

ome and packed our last minute items into our hospital bag and made preparations to be gone for a few days. At 4:00pm we checked into labor and delivery, and to our surprise- my contractions were Very strong on the monitor and coming every 2 minutes apart. I was in Labor anyway! :)
Jess was delivered by C-section at 6:36 pm on July 7th 2009 and he weighed 6 lbs 12 oz. The surgery went even better then I could've dreamed, and our second little boy was finally here. Jake and I both agreed he looked like a little old man with his wrinkled face, but we fell in love with him instantly! I was in OR recovery for a few hours due to low body temperature, but then we were admitted into my room and spent the next 3 days getting to know ou

r Jess Melvin Claus.

We have had lots of family support which was such a blessing, and the last 4 weeks have just flown by! We LOVE our little family of four, and we're enjoying every day we have together.
No comments:
Post a Comment