Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Legos and my Belly.

 Well, I think the title says it all. The last few weeks around here seem like they are centered around by growing belly (more specifically, the fact that it's causing me to be REALLY tired!). Jack and Jess have been so good about keeping themselves entertained, that I really wanted to get them something that would help with the boring afternoons. Tada! LEGOS!

I already knew that Jack loves legos, and building- so my only hesitation was all of the hundreds of little pieces migrating to all corners of the house. Needless to say- the migration did occur, but it's worth it. They have so much fun building things with Daddy, and them having something to do while I lay on the couch, helps me feel less guilty! ;)

 They will literally spend hours building things, especially if Jake and I show an interest in their latest project! On Sunday Afternoon Jake helped them build a little Dutch looking neighborhood, complete with a windmill and a sheep! 

Jess just mostly causes "confusion and delay" (Jack's complaint) and likes to see how fast he can destroy the tire pieces with his little shark teeth. After something is built though- he is pretty good about leaving it alone, or playing nicely with it. It is nice that he is content to just watch Jack's creativity for hours though.

Life here is good. The weekdays are all the same. Jake leaves for work around 1:00 and is out until about 9:00 (sometimes later). Saturdays are early days though- and he goes to work earlier and gets home by about 4:30 usually. So Saturday is our day when I actually get dressed and we leave the house. :) We usually go to dinner (Cafe Rio by popular demand) and then to the grocery store. Jake used to hate going to the grocery store, but now it's our family activity, and we've grown to appreciate the time together.

 Well, I can't complain. This pregnancy is going by just as fast as I imagined! Although the finish line seems so far away- I have to remember to just take it a week at a time, and then the journey just melts away behind me. I know that pretty soon I will be wishing that she could just be back in my belly, sleeping 75% of the time, and safe and sound from the chaos of her big brothers!
 This pregnancy has been different for me because I have been spending a lot of time researching VBA2C, (vaginal birth after 2 c-sections). I have felt very strongly about the necessity of this being the way that June joins our family. I don't know if it's the possible complications associated with a 3rd c-section that have made me feel this way, or if it's just an intuition that it would be a better birth for June, but either way- I have engrossed myself in information about birth. 

I have also really enjoyed the connection with Jake during this pregnancy. He has also gotten really involved with researching birth information, and has really been supportive and interested in anything new that I find or want to talk about. I am really excited about going through this process with him by my side. I think as we both get older we tend to cherish these moments in life even more. We are both so excited about adding a little girl to our family, and with only 11 weeks left until the due date- we won't have to wait much longer!

The boys are so sweet about June, and they always want to kiss my belly and blow raspberries on it to make her laugh. They also tell me when she's hungry, and what I should eat. Lately they insist that she needs watermelon, and it's okay to eat a lot of it because it's healthy. Of course this comes from their love of watermelon, and every time they see me with a big bowl of it they turn into baby birds begging for bites! :)

The picture above is one that I took of Jess being a little turtle. He says June likes baby turtles. He has been especially cuddly the last couple of weeks. He climbs under the blanket with me and says he's snuggling with June. They both like to guess when she will be here, and they have decided that they think it'll be on Jack's Birthday June 28th.

Well, Life is great here in Twin Falls. We are enjoying our little boys, and are amazed at how fast they are learning and growing.The summer is already going by quickly. Jake is doing awesome at work, and has now serviced his 100th sale. Pretty dang good for the last week in April! We know that this is where we were supposed to live and work for this year, and we have definitely been blessed for following inspiration. I'm excited to see where this fun life leads us.


2 comments:

Fossil Photo / Curtis and Shauna said...

So fun to hear all the fun things that you have been up to! Exciting that you are going to have a baby girl! You will do wonderful with birth. I am one to research a ton and I did, it's so interesting and helpful! As you continue studying, something will stick with you that is right for you. That is what happened with me, and I am so grateful for the time I spent learning. I don't know how things would have turned out if I hadn't done my research. I love this post!

Merry said...

Looks like you really "popped" around 7 months! You look so great, and I hope that your birth goes well.