

Jake and I got to do something we've both always wanted to do- and that was go on a cruise! I had never been to the ocean before! Our friends Danny & Erin surprised us with this 5 day trip to Baja, Mexico last October, and we had been looking forward to it ever since. We were able to leave Jack with his grandparents for the week, and left on January 6th 2008 for San Diego and were on our first cruise ship two days later. We were constantly in awe of all of the different things to do, and the insane amount of food we were expected to eat! We had a formal night where we all got to dress up and attend cocktail parties, have portraits taken, Dance, and continue to our 5 star dining experience.


The Food was our favorite part. Every night came with new menus, and endless plates of dinners and desserts to try. Jake tried several new things including Escargot and Lobster...and I tried the patience of our servers! They were so awesome with me and my picky eating habits. They prepared everything exactly as I asked- and I was in heaven!!


We docked in two different locations in Mexico. The first was Cabo San Lucas, where we Parasailed and Snorkeled. The boys also went Cliff Jumping, which was the highlight of the trip for them! Then we also docked in Ensenada, where we bargained at all of the local street vendors for souveniers. Jake found what he had been dreaming about for months- Mexican wrestling masks, and he bought several! This is also where I ate my first real taco......which I have to admit was delicious.


The last couple days at sea where highlighted by Air Guitar Contests- Which Jake took 1st in, nightly shows, hot tubbing on deck, eating of course, taking pictures, and just trying to take advantage of every moment that we weren't attending to a baby, or working, or in class. All in all the cruise was amazing, and we would love to make it a tradition to go every year....but we'll see if that ever happens! Oh- and Jake also ran into his brother Jesse's Stunt double! We couldn't believe how much he looked exactly like him!
1 comment:
You inspire me! That is so cool, and Lex and I really want to go on an awesome trip like that with you four sometime. :) AS SOON AS WE CAN! I will make headway on my blog soon. HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK!
Post a Comment