Monday, March 24, 2008

So Much Has Happened!!!



I've heard people say, "We plan, God laughs." Now I can tell you from personal experience that it is, in fact, true. In the beginning of February, Jake had a full-Time job where he was the manager of a warehouse, and was also enrolled in BSU for the spring semester, We had an apartment that we loved, I was in the Primary Presidency in the ward....but we had no real direction in our life as far as our bigger plans, and Jake's goal to be a Boise City Firefighter. So by the middle of February Jake dropped is classes at BSU, quit his job, and took on a full time EMT course with the Fire Department, signed on for another summer of working in California (which we thought we'd never do), we moved in with his parents....(Which we really thought we'd never do), and left the ward that I've been a member of for 23 years!!! Change, Change, Change.....I've heard it's a good thing...and I guess I'm finally figuring that out for myself. We realize that we have been so blessed by the timing of the opportunities that we were presented with, and we thank our heavenly Father every day for helping us recognize what we needed to do. Now it seems as though our plans have a more concrete foundation, and we are very happy with our current circumstances.


We have done a few fun things recently...I guess we're all embracing change. Jake cut and dyed my hair, and I LOVE it! It was a late night split second decision (like most decisions I make), and It turned out well. It was a fun way for me to completely trust Jake....and hope that It didn't look like a complete disaster.


Jack has made a lot of big steps in his life too. He's crawling and pulling himself up to everything. He waves occasionally, and has mastered going up the stairs all by himself to see grandma at the top. He also has two new teeth on the bottom...and he's trying to eat everything he can get his hands on...except his beef and veggie baby food....which we can't get him to eat. His new favorite phrase is Da-da-da-da-da.....it's a happy time for Daddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a wonderful post!
I know we talked about this already, but it's so wonderful that you are content with your circumstances. We all know that if we're doing what's right... we'll be doing what's right!!! HAHAaaaa, how's that for insight. :)