
We finally made it to TEXAS!!!! Jake drove the
26 hour stretch, and the boys and I flew there a day after Jake arrived. My mom came with us on the flight and stayed here for a few days, which was a HUGE help! We had to leave at 5:00 in the morning for our flight, and Jack was so excited that he woke up at 2:00am (which didn't help his mood later that day!). After Christie (Jake's mom) dropped us off at the airport we went through security relatively quickly and we were off to Denver. 
At our stop in Denver Jack got to sit in the cockpit with the pilot and he was so excited to get to push all the buttons (which miraculously did not cause us any trouble with the next flight) and pretend that he was flying a REAL airplane! When he got bored I gave him stickers......bad idea!
Jack covered the plane window with Tonka Truck stickers! All in all, the boys did great....and my mom and I survived the flight as well. We arrived in Dallas at 2:00pm and Jake was happy to see his family again! After getting lost for 2 hours, we finally found a great steak house and had lunch/dinner. DELiCiOUS! After dinner we finally got to see our new apartment. I loved it immediately! Big rooms, Big bathrooms, Big closets, and BIG windows!! Then came the task of our many trips to the local Wal-Mart to get all of the misc. apartment things and groceries we would need. Luckily
mom was here with the boys, otherwise there's no way that we could have gotten everything done!! The weather here is beautiful! 70% humidity, 70 degrees, and s
unny! I can't believe that it's february and I dressed the boys in shorts and t-shirts for the day. Not to mention the huge watermelon I ate the first night we were here!!!! WATERMELON!!! The only thing that freaks me out about Dallas is the CRAZY freeways! They are everywhere, everyone knows exactly where they are going, and they're getting there FAST! I have no idea how anyone can navigate this jumble of roadways....and I'm not planning on trying it any time soon!! So far things are great, and we are really happy to be here! Jack and Jess really like their new Wii, and their racing game! Jake is excited about work, and I am excited about a change of pace all together.
We have loved living in Boise, Idaho. We will always call it home. We moved 8 times in the last 4 years that we were there, and loved every bit of it. For the past year we have lived with Jak
it!
2 comments:
HUGE ROOMS! Man you weren't kidding! The boys' room is awesome. It looks so great! We miss you guys!
Jack is so cute up there with the pilot! I'm glad that the trip went smoothly!
Post a Comment