Sunday, March 6, 2011

Happy March!


I can't believe it's March already, although I have been enjoying the spring weather! Jake started work on Monday, and with Daddy gone all day- the boys and I have to come up with fun things to do to occupy our time. We have been going outside to play every day. They have a great play ground here, and the boys love it! Jess doesn't even care that there isn't a kid swing- he just jumps right on the regular seat and wants me to push him! They also love saying hi to all of the neighbor's dogs on the way. EVERYONE here has a dog. I'm really trying to remember that I have two already in Boise. I won't cheat on you Max and Annie!!

We also started trying to establish a good routine for every day. We have a sticker chart with different daily tasks for each of the boys. Jack is especially working on potty training. He's almost completely out of diapers!! I didn't know the trick for getting Jack to want to use the toilet was to allow him to go standing up. Boys. What can I say?

Jack has also been doing his preschool work every day. He practices writing his letters and identifying shapes and situations. Sometimes he gets annoyed at my instruction- but overall he enjoys the one on one time with Mommy. Jess has also been learning a lot! He knows all of his letters and numbers, and reads them to us everywhere we go. When we went to WalMart he said "T! R! A! M! L! A! W!" Maybe he got Jake's Arabic knowledge through osmosis, because he reads right to left.

We ordered our new artwork for the Living room and it arrived on Thursday. Now we can look at our families every day!

It's so warm here we even got ice cream cones on Friday night. Good thing we bought an area rug for the dining room. These boys eat ice cream like they're going through a school zone! By the time they get it finished, it's the consistency of syrup and just as sticky! They enjoyed it though, and having baby wipes handy makes clean-up a snap.

The week has been a fun one. Wii, new sunglasses, ice cream, movies- you'd think we were on Summer vacation. That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway. ;)

6 comments:

Merry said...

Sounds like you're having fun!

Merry said...

What's the "Special" on their charts?

Jake, Jana, Jack and Jess said...

I just put "special" so that when I ask them to do something big, or they do something that they wouldn't normally do that's awesome....I could give them an extra big sticker in that category! :)

Jake, Jana, Jack and Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake, Jana, Jack and Jess said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Merry said...

Gotcha. I like it!