
Well, at the end of our second week in Dallas, Texas, we feel as though we have settled in, and are finding our normal.
The routine has pretty much been established; We all get up around 8:30, eat breakfast, the boys work out, shower, Jess goes down for a nap, Jake goes to work around noon (sometimes earlier), Jack does schoolwork, Jess wakes up and joins Jack for schoolwork, Lunch, Playing outside, Project
inside (usually some type of Art), Playing or watching a movie, Dinner, Jake gets home around 8:00pm, Get the boys ready for bed, by 9:00 the boys are asleep and Jake and I play the Wii together, or watch a movie etc, then go to bed. REPEAT...... 6 days a week. I don't mind this schedule at all, and I think Jake is happy with it. The boys have adjusted well, and love to meet new friends. We meet someone new (and their dog) nearly every day! :)
The sand volleyball court right outside our patio (the "sandbox") has become their favorite activity, and they insisted on getting shovels and pails. The boys like having to go and get the mail every day from the mail center, and since I let them carry it- they feel proud that they have accomplished such a task. We enjoyed getting packages from both GranDawnie & Papa, and Oma & Opa this week!! We are sooo blessed to have such loving families that care about us! Auntie Juli also sent the boys personalized shirts!! We have the best family ever!!Right now the
weather is IDEAL! From the upper 60s to the upper 70s daily, and we are making the most of it! All of our neighbors are really kind people, and we feel that we're in a really safe environment. The only downside that we have found in Texas so far is that the allergens are so high! All of us are suffering tremendously from allergies that we haven't experienced before- and I hope this doesn't last long!Crazy news for the week is that Jake hit a large dog on the freeway and it completely killed the company truck. oops. Dang those fearless Texas canines! Jake's driving a different company truck now....so hopefully that was an anomaly.
Also- I finally found a store that carries my two favorite staples!!!! Cherry Activia yogurt, and Natures Pride bread!!!! This news is momentous for me because it means that I won't live off of just popcorn, oranges, cheese, and almonds. I now feel compelled to compose the following:Dear Texas,
Finding the local Kroger has significantly improved my life. I have now forgiven you for your lack of variety in your supermarkets, and I apologize for all of the nasty things I said about you. :)
Sincerely,
Jana Claus
4 comments:
Eat local honey, if you can find some! I've heard that that does wonders for allergies when you move somewhere new. We haven't tried it out ourselves yet, but it couldn't hurt, anyway. :-)
So glad you guys are having fun!
We got some local honey and have been eating it for a couple weeks, but haven't noticed a difference. Everyone here says that the allergies are way worse this year though!! :(
Love the shirts! And your hair looks great in the humidity! If it makes you feel better the snow here in Idaho has been causing me allergies! UGH!
That picture of them doing push ups is so cute!
Post a Comment