Sunday, March 27, 2011

Just doin' Our Thing...

Another good week in Texas. I can't believe how fast the time is going by! We have already been in Texas for over a month, and it feels like we just got here! We have definitely settled into our groove and as the marks on the walls and carpet show, the boys have made this their home! Can I just say how much I LOVE Netflix!!! It is sooooo much better than cable, and way cheaper too! Jake and I have been watching movies together every night, and it's a great way to relax and spend time together after he has a long day at work.

It got really warm this weekend (mid 80s) and
Jake was able to go swimming with the boys in the evening after work. I love to see my three boys together enjoying each other!! Jack and Jess get soooo excited when Jake comes home, and they tackle him to the ground. There's just something about daddy that mommy will never be able to compete with!! I am also glad that they take after Jake, and have a love for the water. Hopefully we'll all get our fair share of good old Vitamin D, and be a little less pasty white when we see y'all again. :)








Before we knew it, Sunday was already here again, and we got dressed for church. The boys looked soooo cute in their white polos, that I insisted getting a quick picture with them before we left (even though they were busy eating their bananas)!

After church while I was napping on the couch Jake decided to teach the boys how to shine their shoes! They love doing anything that Jake does, and they felt really grown up learning this new skill.


Earlier this week Jack found my tripod and asked if he could be a photographer. How could I say no?? He was so funny trying to instruct Jess on how to pose for him. He integrated some of my techniques for getting kids' attention, and flailed his arms wildly while making really obnoxious noises. I guess I can't pick and choose which things they pick up from me!

Also, I hope they don't mind- but I just have to say how excited I am that my brother in law, Jesse got engaged to Amanda Bunt this week, and the Claus family will be complete! Jake and I got to see the relationship grow from friends at Thanksgiving to getting serious by Valentine's Day. (I have to admit we might've been rooting for them a little). We feel really lucky to have gotten to know Amanda before we moved to Texas, and we are really excited to go back to Boise for the wedding this summer. I am really looking forward to having another sister, and I couldn't be happier for them! Thanks for making my week you guys!!

2 comments:

jesseclaus said...

love it all...that is, I LOVE YOUR BLOG. I love your writing, Jana. You have a great voice. Maybe you should be a professional BOOGER. Do those even exist? If they do, I bet they're DELICIOUS! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Jake, Jana, Jack and Jess said...

Aw, shucks! Thanks Jesse. You should have a blog so that you can share your talent with all of us!! You and Amanda should start a wedding blog so that people can follow your plans etc. Those are always fun to read!!