
It has been so much fun to do the traditional Easter activities with the kids! We were at the store last weekend doing our regular shopping and decided to go down the Easter Isle. Bad idea
parents.

Jack stated "Daddy, I really want to kill an Easter egg."
What?!
"No, Jack- We don't kill things."
After a few minutes Jack brought it up again-
"But I really want to kill eggs right now!"
We finally realized what he was saying. He wanted to DYE eggs.
"DYE" "DIE" "KILL"....all the same in a 3 year old's mind. He is reading now, and we haven't even gotten into Homonyms (words that sound the same, but are spelled differently). So we colored eggs. Jack and Jess' new friend Jeffrey came over mid-week and we got out the egg-coloring kit. It was great fun for them, and surprisingly- not that messy! The photo at the top of this post was our finished product.
Jeffrey

belongs to our friends, Stephanie and Bryan Watson. They also have two other sons, Brandon, and Kaden. We are so thankful that we have been blessed with good friends here in Dallas, and they even live in our same apartment complex! The boys have been spending several days a week together, and it's been great for them!

This morning the boys got up and got dressed for church, just like any other Sunday. We decided not to make the "Easter Bunny" a big deal. After we got home from church the boys and I filled our plastic Easter eggs with candy and put in them in a big bowl for Daddy to hide. We decided that this was a great tradition that the whole family could be a part of. Also- that way they aren't confused about a rabbit that supposedly enters our homes while we are sleeping and places eggs in unusual places. They have enough nightmares already.
We are teaching them what we can about the true meaning of Easter, and Jesus Christ. Even that is tough, with a 1 & 3 year old. They'll understand more and more each year I suppose. So, our Easter has been great fun, and we hope that all of our family and friends are enjoying their weekend as well.

Some exciting news on the business front, is that Jake serviced his
100th sale this last week. He has 8 weeks of selling completed, but lots more still ahead.
2 comments:
Congrats to JAKE! And the "Dye" "Die" "Kill" story was AWESOME! We laughed so hard. We miss you guys! See you in 6ish weeks!
How fun! I love your tradition and letting them join the fun. I think I will have to do that and have them help fill the eggs too! We didn't make the Easter bunny a big deal either. Our tradition is that we give them a new book in a basket, usually church related (a book from Deseret book), and let them hunt for hidden eggs. If you don't already have the nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones is perfect for FHE and Christmas & Easter lessons. Elise learned so much about the meaning of Easter!!! Curtis is related to some Walton's, don't know if their in the same family line, I know some live in Texas...or did? :) Hope your loving Texas!! I love that you have a blog and I enjoy reading...your family is adorable.
Post a Comment