

This week I couldn't help but notice all of the blessings that I have in my life every day. Our two beautiful boys, our "village" that consists of our extended families and close friends, our economic success, and most importantly- Our faith in the Lord and His Gospel. Sometimes it's easy to take for granted our everyday freedoms, and our Families. I have learned that for me, it's all about perspective.
For Example:
We have been married almost 5 years. We have student loan debt for a career in which we are no longer pursuing. We are renters. We haven't stayed in one place longer than a year (We have moved 8 times). We don't work for an employer. We live really far away from family. We never know what the future holds.In Contrast:
We have been married almost 5 years. We have taken the opportunity to gain education in several areas of study. We are renters, and aren't tied down! We have had the freedom to move to a new place whenever we have wanted change. We are our own boss, and work for no one but ourselves. "Leaving the nest" so to speak; has given us the chance to really grow as individuals and as a family. There are limitless opportunities in our future.
The second example is really how I have felt for the past few months, and I am so grateful that I can now have that outlook on my life. Jake has always been better at seeing things in the right light, and I've finally come around. I know that we are where we are supposed to be, and doing what we are supposed to be doing. Our life has never been better.
Your Attitude; What you feel and how you see things, is truly your Reality.

This week has brought some new exciting changes! Jack has learned to read!!! I had hoped that he would catch on quickly- but I never dreamed that he would do so at the age of 3. Someone at church asked him today what his favorite thing to do was and he replied "My favorite thing to do is read!". I am so thankful that right now he is in a stage where he loves to learn, and is so receptive to new ideas and information.

We have started going out on walks around the massive apartment complex every afternoon. Jack loves to "Run in the sun"! I usually push Jess in the stroller and we casually stroll in new directions trying to discover new things we haven't noticed before. I think they have really enjoyed this time out of the house- and it helps to keep the house clean during what would normally be their period of afternoon destruction! This habit will probably change as the weather gets too hot to enjoy- but for now it's great fun.

Speaking of fun...We got our very first storm since we have been here in Dallas!!! The other night the Severe Weather warning sirens went off and there was an enormous down pouring of ping pong ball sized hail!! Loud claps of thunder and lightning accompanied the rain and hail, and it mde for quite an exciting evening for us Boiseans- who normally don't experience many storms. The kids were less than impressed, and after a few minutes they wanted to go back to bed. It was exciting for us anyway. I guess it's tornado season here until the end of May, so there will be plenty more storms ahead to keep us entertained. Did I say how much I love the fact that we are just renting!!! :)

So here's to all those people out there that are living life, and more importantly loving life. Count your many blessings, and there will be sunshine in your soul!
2 comments:
Hey Jana, I just have to tell you how much I appreciated this post! I have been feeling very similarly about my own life. (we move ALL the time, FAR from our families, we are renters, I have student loans for an education I'm not even close to finishing and haven't worked on in over a year, ect...) It is inspiring and motivating to hear your perspective and be reminded to count my MANY blessings. Texas was incredibly kind to us and I hope you enjoy your time there as much I did! Thanks again for posting!
Bo: It's funny how life changes. WHO KNEW how life would be for us after 5 years of marriage. It's be hard, fulfilling, wonderful, and amazing. We miss you guys! Can't wait to see you in about 8 weeks!!!
Post a Comment